PLEASE NOTE: Auditions for Jason are from 5:45pm to 6:30pm. Auditions for the remaining adult roles begin at 6:30pm
Falsettos is the story of a large, eccentric, and dysfunctional -- but loving -- Jewish family in New York at the end of the 1970s. Initially, Marvin seems blessed with the perfect family. He has a caring wife, Trina and a young son, Jason. Nevertheless, the family is soon broken apart, when the homosexual Marvin leaves Trina for a man called Whizzer.
Trina, meanwhile, ends up romantically involved with the family psychiatrist, Mendel. All the while, their son, Jason, is stuck in the middle. Included in the mix are lesbian neighbors Dr. Charlotte and Cordelia. When Marvin's lover, Whizzer, is diagnosed with AIDS, the entire family -- non-traditional as it may be -- must put aside their issues and come together.
- Marvin: Bisexual Man, Trina’s (ex-)husband; Baritone; Age 35 – 45
- Whizzer: Marvin’s Lover; Tenor; Age 20 – 40
- Mendel: Family Psychiatrist; Baritone; Age 30 – 50
- Jason: Marvin & Trina’s son; Tenor; Age 9 – 14
- Trina: Marvin’s (ex-)wife; Mezzo-Soprano; Age 30 – 45
- Dr. Charlotte: Lesbian neighbor & Marvin’s friend; Mezzo-Soprano; Age 30 – 55
- Cordelia: Dr Charlotte’s lesbian lover & Marvin’s friend; Soprano; Age 30 – 55
- Prepare 32 bars of a song that best exhibits your vocal range in the style of Falsettos. You must provide sheet music for the accompanist. Acapella is not acceptable.
- Please visit Theatre Trip for suggestions of songs to prepare; link includes sheet music you can download and bring to your audition.
- In addition to submitting your audition request on our site, if available, please bring a head shot, as well, as your theater bio/history.
- November 15, 16, 22 & 23, 2019
- Producer/Artistic Director: Douglas E. Cooper
- Stage Director: Harriet S. Friedman
- Music Director: Kathryn T. Denney
- Choreography Director: TBD
- Stage Manager: Riley A. Stone
- Scenery Designer: Douglas E. Cooper
- Lighting Designer: Robert Jacobson
- Sound Designer: Riley A. Stone
- Properties Coordinator: Iris McMillan
- Costume Coordinator: TBA
- House Manager/Box Office: Doreen DeRose
- Webmaster/Tech Support: Doreen DeRose